Friday, February 03, 2006

Phuket to Ko Phi Phi

Traveled from Bangkok to Phuket, Thailand's largest island. I spent a night in Phuket Town before moving, on Eoghan's suggestion, to the Shanti Lodge further south on the island. The lodge was an oasis on an otherwise overly developed island. I spent one day scuba diving--three dives including one wreck dive (the Kingcrusier which went down in the mid 90s between Phuket and Ko Phi Phi). I saw a beautiful blue spotted stingray on one dive and a turtle on another, along with a stunning array of tropical fish of all sizes.

Jon, from Wales, whom I met in Hanoi, joined me in Phuket a few days ago. We spent a day on motorcycles going guitar shopping (I bought one) and the following day we took the ferry to Ko Phi Phi. We've been here two nights. Today I went diving again--two dives this time. On the second dive I saw a huge turtle which we followed for a while as it swam and ate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home