Saturday, February 18, 2006

Indecision

I find myself tonight on my way back to Ko Phi Phi. How this happened, I'm still not entirely sure. Yesterday I was on Ko Phangan on the other side of the Thai peninsula and convinced that I would go to Ko Tao, slightly north of Ko Phangan, to do some scuba diving. This was despite very mixed reviews of the diving here including claims that the visibility was far inferior to Phi Phi and the dive schools run on a mass, impersonal, package tourism scale. This morning, however, I awoke with the certainty that I would go to Bangkok and from there onto Chang Mai in the north of Thailand. I went out and bought a ferry ticket to Surattani and a bus ticket from there to Bangkok. At some stage on the ferry to the mainland, though, I suddenly realised I was not yet ready to leave the south. I wanted to do some more scuba diving and, if I went north now, I did not know when I would be back, as it would make sense to go into Laos from northern Thailand, and from there into Cambodia. So, upon disembarking from the ferry, I bought a new bus ticket to Krabi, on the other side of the Thai peninsula. Which is where I now find myself. Tomorrow I'm taking an early ferry back to Ko Phi Phi. I've always been indecisive and unable to make decisions, but this is becoming chronic in my travels. Then again, it's nice to have the freedom for indecision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home